Today was my last day as a teacher's aide at Legacy Traditional School. The enrollment is down because of lack of space so as a result they told the aide's that we would all have to cut our hours in half. Since I was already half day it did not really affect me. After the meeting there were a couple of people who were pretty emotional. I don't really need to work so I told LTS that if someone else needed the hours I would leave. I surprized myself the next day when I got really emotional after they told me they would take me up on my offer. I thought about not seeing those precious little 4 and 5 year old faces everyday. Our class was so awesome and I will truly miss seeing them. I know they are in good hands with Ms. Carvel and Mrs. McEvers. This was just another stepping stone on my journey in life.
On a brighter note since I started working at LTS I hardly get a chance to go to town. I am now looking forward to being able to go to town more often. Hopefully that does not mean spending all the money I made in the last 7 weeks.
I am looking forward to Conference this weekend. I am hoping to gain some insight on what to do with my life.
4 comments:
I am really sad that you are leaving...but mainly selfishly for Aubrey! I hope that you find something that is perfect for you and your many talents. Take me with you to town some time!
:( I'm sorry! Change is hard when you get used to something.
Ohhh - I know those kids are gonna miss you!
Kohls here you come!!!
Post a Comment