I have to admit reading other people’s blogs has been intimidating to me. I am just not much of a writer. Traditionally it has not been my strong suite. I refuse to let this hold me back so here it goes. Recently I was called in to speak to Brother Roos in the Bishopric. I thought to myself, I just gave a talk and I already have a calling so what could it be? Well Bro Roos decided to extend a second calling to me. The calling is youth Sunday school teacher (scary). I do love the youth but teaching them Sunday school put the fear in me. I never listened as a youth in Sunday school and I was a relatively good kid. Because I have another calling as visiting teaching coordinator he said I could think about it. Personally I would rather just be extended the call and not have to make the choice. I told him I would substitute for a few weeks and then let him know if it became too overwhelming. As I studied for my first lesson I realized something. I have been praying to Heavenly Father to help me to improve my scripture study. Well what do you know, when I have this calling in Sunday school I am forced to study my scriptures. My prayers have definitely been answered, just not in the way I expected them to be. So far I have really enjoyed teaching the kids. The bonus is studying scriptures just seems to make everything in my life better.
On a side note last Saturday was a most uplifting day. First was an amazing baptism in our ward of Dennis Neader. The spirit was so strong. I was then able to enjoy the Relief Society broadcast from Salt Lake. When President Uchtdorf spoke I was in awe. His talk truly spoke to my heart. I want to work on creating more of what I want in my life. I am so grateful for the life I have. I feel very blessed. Hugs to all my wonderful friends and family.
3 comments:
My sweet friend, that was a very fun day. I loved working in the kitchen with you all day long!!! I agree about Pres. Uchtforf's talk it was amazing!! Thanks for the special treat you brought me tonight it was WONDERFUL!!!! We really enjoyed our visit with you and Dale. Love to you my friend!!
That is a great reminder that Heavenly Father really does know what is best for us. Your so sweet gailine - I love reading your blog.
You will be an amazing youth sunday school teacher!
Post a Comment