Monday, September 1, 2008

Surprise 40th Birthday Bash


Well I guess after many months it's time to re-start my blogging. My friends put together the most amazing surprize 40th birthday party for me. It was held at the Native New Yorker in a side room separted by windows. As I walked in I first noticed all of my friends weeping and wearing black veils. Then I saw the casket covered in a large arrangement of red flowers. In front of the casket were four 8x10 pictures of me as Gail with Oprah, as a race car driver, as a African American woman and as an American Gladiator. There was a table with programs and a book to sign your name. On that table was a large picture of me framed in red flowers. My friends did not leave out any details. The cake was decorated by my friend Jeanene and was amazing. In this picture I am holding the coffin that sat on top of the cake. As soon as I sat down they proceeded with the program. First was my Eulogy (which was hilarious). Then a performance by 3 friends JoAnna, Molly and Sarah. They sang and danced to several songs ( I almost died laughing). Then all of my friends got up and each told a story about me (mostly funny but some more serious that made me cry). Finally my friend Jeanene dressed in a gypsy outfit brought me back to life to say a few final words. Needless to say I was at a loss for words. I have never laughed so hard for so long in my life. It was the most amazing party and I am so thankful for my wonderful friends that put this incredible party together. I have never in my life had a party so amazing.

5 comments:

karen said...

hahah! Sounds like a ton of fun!

Memory said...

Im actually kind of sad they didn't call me. I would have come! Oh well, sounds great. When I come visit next I want to watch the video!

Jennie Gee said...

Sounds like lots of fun. Wish I could have been there! Happy 40th b-day!

Darren and Natalie said...

Oh yes... the night that will forever live in infamy...
So glad you're blogging! You're a great friend and it was fun to celebrate you!

Sheri Trimmer said...

Okay, pictures of the 3 that were performing? I would loved to have seen that!
My 39th isn't too far off! Yikes!
Happy belated B-day!